Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Here I Go

I can't believe that my 33rd birthday is right around the corner. Now, I don't mind being 33, but I am stunned at how fast the last 33 years have gone by. I am married now with two beautiful boys. I live in a beautiful home and well, I guess you could say have settled nicely into domestication. For those of you who know me you might have to think twice about me being a stay at home mom living in suburbia. I was always the wild child. I traded in my dancing shoes for sandals, and my sexy clothes for nursing bras. Isn't this what happens to most moms?

Where does that wild child go when we become a mom?

I woke up one morning recently and realized that I didn't know who I was anymore. Sure I am a wife and a mother, and I love being those things, but where am I? I spend every waking moment thinking about what needs to be done for my family, what task needs to be accomplished for my kids, and what to cook for dinner? If you ask me how much time I spend thinking about myself I would say NONE! So slowly but surely I have become lost in the abyss.

Here I Go!

So off I go. Yes, I am the manifesting mommy. Starting with today I am creating my new life. It sounds so cliched but who cares. I am just one of millions of women feeling the same emptiness inside, the same feeling of being overwhelmed, and the same feeling of longing for some part of herself back. I have made a promise to myself to make a change. I decided if I was going to be a great mom then I need to be a great me. This will be a honest and real account of my journey. I promise you it won't be pretty. I am going to do things that are uncomfortable and difficult. I am going to tear down all the walls that continually get in my way. If you stick with me on this journey you will get a glimpse of what real life is like for a young mommy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you manifesting today?